[R] Problem with geterrmessage()

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 22:10:07 CET 2018

Please read ?try (again) carefully.In paticular note (under Value):

"The value of the expression if expr is evaluated without error, but an
invisible object of class "try-error"containing the error message, and the
error condition as the "condition" attribute, if it fails."

so:

attr(ERRORMESSAGE, "conditon") will give you the error conditon.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."