[R] Error installing ggplot2 package

Amelia Marsh amelia_marsh08 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 07:35:25 CET 2018

DeaR Forum,
I am trying to install the library ggplot2.
Currently I am using following R version
R version 3.4.1 (2017-06-30) -- "Single Candle"Copyright (C) 2017 The R Foundation for Statistical ComputingPlatform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

However, when I try to install ggplot2 and few other packages, I am getting following error.
> library(ggplot2)Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ggplot2’ in readRDS(pfile): error reading from connectionIn addition: Warning message:package ‘ggplot2’ was built under R version 3.5.0

I wonder about the R version 3.5.0 as I checked on the CRAN site, the latest R version is R 3.4.3. I have in fact tried installing older versions too, but the error message remains same. Please guide.
Regards
Amelia

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]