[R] Problem with dbFD function in FD library

elisa elisa elisae675 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:11:59 CET 2018

Dear all,

I have a question about FD package. I’m trying to calculate functional
diversity indices using insect data. My trait data includes dispersal
ability (0, 0.5, 1), body size (continuous) and five feeding guilds coded
as in percentages (for example; 0,0,0.5,0.5,0)  since some of the species
can have two different feeding guilds. However, the package only calculates
when I run “calc.Frich= F” and gives the Feve, Fdis, RaoQ and CWM values
for my data. When I run the function with “calc.Frich=T”, I see the warning
that I wrote below and no one of the values are calculated.

Could you please tell me how can I fix this problem and have the FRic value
for my data?

Func.div←dbFD ( trait_data, abundance_data, calc.FRic = T, corr="cailliez",
w.abun = T, CWM.type = "all" )

FRic: Dimensionality reduction was required. The last PCoA axis (out of 6
in total) was removed.

FRic: Quality of the reduced-space representation = 0.9402678

QH6114 qhull precision error: initial simplex is not convex.
Distance=-2.7e-15

Error in convhulln(tr.FRic, "FA") : Received error code 2 from qhull.

Best,

Elisae

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]