[R] barplot that displays sums of values of 2 y colums grouped by different variables

Eric Berger ericjberger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 20:34:30 CET 2018

'position="dodge"' has no effect in the plot because the x-axis is a factor
variable. The bars do not need to be moved to avoid each other. The
'aes(fill=y)' is specifying that you want the color gradient to capture the
sums in the 'y' variable. You might be better off to use 'no' and 'yes'
rather than 'n' and 'y' to avoid confusion. Then you would see that the
statement would be 'aes(fill=yes)'. Summary: the height of each bar
represents the sum of the 'no' for that city, and the color of each bar
represents the sum of the 'yes' for that city. Your code is fine, unless
that is not what you were trying to do.

HTH,
Eric

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:59 PM, kenneth dyson <kenneth at kidscodejeunesse.org