[R] Steps to create spatial plots

Roman Luštrik roman.lustrik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 23:26:36 CET 2018

You will need to coerce your data into a "spatial" kind, as implemented in
`sp` or as of late, `sf` packages. You might want to give the vignettes a
whirl before you proceed.
Roughly, you will have to coerce the data to Spatial* (you could go for a
point, raster or grid type, I think) and also specify the projection. Once
you have that, plotting should be handled by packages.

Here are a few quick links that might come handy:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html
http://www.datacarpentry.org/R-spatial-raster-vector-lesson/10-vector-csv-to-shapefile-in-r/

Cheers,
Roman

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:22 PM, lily li <chocold12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi users,
>
> I have no clear clue about plotting spatial data. For example, I just have
> a table with attribute values of each grid cell, such as elevation. Then I
> have coordinates of the upper left corner in UTM, the number of rows and
> columns, and grid cell size. How to create spatial plot of elevations for
> the grid cells, in color ramp? Should I create a spatial grid layer with
> all the polygons first? Thanks.
>
> --
> --
>
> ---