[R] MCMC Estimation for Four Parametric Logistic (4PL) Item Response Model

ProfJCNash profjcnash at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:56:19 CET 2018

If you have the expression of the model, package nlsr should be able to
form the Jacobian analytically for nonlinear least squares. Likelihood
approaches allow for more sophisticated loss functions, but the
optimization is generally much less reliable because one is working
with essentially squared quantities and possibly multiple minima where
some are not the ones you want.

JN