[R] setSessionLimit

Benjamin Tyner btyner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:49:00 CET 2018

Hello

The doc/NEWS.2 file mentions a setSessionLimit function, added with
version 2.8.0

     o   setTimeLimit() function to set limits on the CPU
         and/or elapsed time for each top-level computation, and
         setSessionLimit() to set limits for the rest of the session.

However, I no longer see this function in recent versions of R, and
there is no mention of its removal in the NEWS nor in the svn log. So
I'm curious to learn why it was removed...does anyone recall?

Regards

Ben