[R] Portable R in zip file for Windows

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 04:48:37 CET 2018

Can you clarify what the nature of the security restriction is?

If you can't run the R installer then how it is that you could run R?
That would still involve running an external exe even if it came
in a zip file.

Could it be that the restriction is not on running exe files but on
downloading them?

If that is it then there are obvious workarounds (rename it not
to have an exe externsion or zip it using another machine,
upload to the cloud and download onto the restricted machine)
but it might be safer to just ask the powers that be to download it
for you.  You probably don't need a new version of R more than
once a year.

email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com