[R] Problem saving .RData file with save.image

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Jan 26 15:26:07 CET 2018

Google is your friend (e.g. [1]). Gist of story is that that an existing file of that name is being "protected" by the operating system and you need to use filesystem utilities or reboot your machine to release the existing file from this condition.

[1] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2002-April/020169.html