[R] Add ablines

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Jan 29 18:59:21 CET 2018

I assume you are using the qcc package's qcc function.
example(qcc) gives an example of adding abline's to its plot:
  # add warning limits at 2 std. deviations
  q <- qcc(diameter[1:25,], type="xbar", newdata=diameter[26:40,],
plot=FALSE)
  (warn.limits <- limits.xbar(q$center, q$std.dev, q$sizes, 2))
  plot(q, restore.par = FALSE)
  abline(h = warn.limits, lty = 3, col = "chocolate")
and help(qcc) describes the 'restore.par' argument:
  restore.par: a logical value indicating whether the previous ‘par’
            settings must be restored. If you need to add points, lines,
            etc. to a control chart set this to ‘FALSE’.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com