[R] Locating data source error in large file

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Fri Jul 20 22:01:51 CEST 2018

> On Jul 20, 2018, at 11:58 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard using appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018, William Dunlap wrote:
>
>> The problem occurs because no commonly used format works on all your date
>> strings. If you give as.POSIXlt the format you want to use then items that
>> don't match the format will be treated as NA's. Use is.na() to find them.
>
> Bill,
>
>  No NAs found using both is.na() and scrolling through the source file.
> That's why I asked for help: I saw nothing different in the dates or times.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

I don't think you read Bill's message properly. He was not saying that there were NA's; he was telling you to use a format specification in your as.POSIXct call and the the result of that call would have NA's.

wy2016$dt_time <- with( wy2016, as.POSIXct( paste( date, time ) , format= "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") )

David.