[R] Unable to Change Library Paths in R 3.5.1 in Windows 10

Leslie Rutkowski |e@||e@rutkow@k| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 26 13:03:14 CEST 2018

I've run into this problem on nearly every new machine I've touched in the
past year. Here is a solution that has consistently worked for me in
Windows 7 &  10:

1.       Use .libPaths() to find where packages are being stored.

2.       To change this path: Control Panel > search “View advanced system
settings” > Environment Variables *button *>

a.       *Edit* current R_LIBS_USER to new file path (you might have to
create this - I did just yesterday)

b.       *New* R_LIBS_USER with desired file path

3.       Restart machine.