[R] ESS issue: lines moved right 40 spaces

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Thu Jul 26 19:48:08 CEST 2018

Hi Rich,

The full list of e-mail lists is here:

and the ESS-Help list is here:

which is also referenced on the ESS web site:

  http://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=getting%20help

More than likely, there is something in your .emacs file configuration that is affecting the indentation behavior.

Just as an FYI, Emacs is up to version 26.1 and ESS is up to version 17.11.

ESS version 5.14 is 7 years old.

Subscribe to ESS-Help and re-post there, albeit, you should probably update both Emacs and ESS before doing so, to be sure that any behavior you continue to observe is based upon currently supported versions.

Regards,

Marc