[R] ESS issue: lines moved right 40 spaces

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Thu Jul 26 20:09:22 CEST 2018

Rich,

See inline below.

Marc

> On Jul 26, 2018, at 1:55 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard using appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2018, Marc Schwartz wrote:
>
>> The full list of e-mail lists is here:
>> and the ESS-Help list is here:
>> which is also referenced on the ESS web site:
>> http://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=getting%20help
>
> Marc,
>
>  I did not think of looking at the Mailman page. Thanks.
>
>> More than likely, there is something in your .emacs file configuration
>> that is affecting the indentation behavior.
>
>  Could be.

One other thing comes to mind, which is that given the age of your ESS installation and that you are running Emacs 25, there have been two major Emacs updates since the version of ESS you are using, both 24 and 25.

There is a reasonable chance that your ESS version, given its age, may be incompatible with some of the under the hood changes in Emacs since then, including changes to variable names, etc.

Upgrading ESS would seem prudent, even if you have to manually install it from the ESS site, if the Slack source maintainer cannot do so.