[R] RStudio 1.1.453 - Windows 10 - How to see detailed results of every calculation step

Fri Jul 27 18:32:37 CEST 2018

Debugging in R applies one statement at a time. If you want to debug within a statement you can "step into" the function calls within the statement or you can execute the function calls separately and inspect the result. Your function consists of one statement so the debugger only has one place to stop. However, once stopped, you can execute

length(x)

and get a result 1 instead of 2 as you are erroneously expecting.

The length function in R is NOT the equivalent of the LEN function in Excel... it tells you how many elements are in the vector, not the number of digits in a numeric or the number of characters in a string.

Does

AddLengthNoise( rep(56, 2) ) behave as desired?