[R] read txt file - date - no space

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Tue Jul 31 01:25:20 CEST 2018

Or, without removing the first line
  dadf <- read.table("xxx.txt", stringsAsFactors=FALSE, skip=1)

Another alternative,
   dadf$datetime <- as.POSIXct(paste(dadf$V1,dadf$V2))
since the dates appear to be in the default format.
(I generally prefer to work with datetimes in POSIXct class rather than POSIXlt class)

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory