[R] Plot in real unit (1:1)

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 7 00:16:36 CEST 2018

Hi Christian,
When I have to do something like this, I usually write it in
Postscript using this:

/def mm 2.8346 mul

that converts a dimension in mm to points (1/72 inch). However, this
won't work in R. It may be possible to set up the device like this:

postscript("myfile.ps",paper="a4")
par(mar=c(0,0,0,0))
# generate a blank plot
plot(0,type="n",xlim=c(0,210),ylim=c(0,297),axes=FALSE)
# display lines, etc. in mm with 0,0 at the bottom left
dev.off()

The resulting file should be printable. Warning, I don't have time to
test this right now.

Jim