[R] on execution time of a function...

Wed Jun 13 09:53:57 CEST 2018

Wow, you can find almost any explanation on the Internets. That doesn't mean you should believe all of them. R does not do anything likely to tweak interrupts... if that is your problem then you need to be on an operating-system/computer-model-specific forum rather than this OS-agnostic mailing list.

It is far more likely that your overall memory usage conditions have changed since the last time you ran it... or that you didn't actually record all of the things you did last time in your script. (Newbie R users often do things at the console without putting them in their scripts.)

I suggest that you run your script one statement at a time and see where your problem is. You might also want to make sure that other programs are not using up a lot of your memory (which could involve some OS-specific tools or just shutting down some other programs.)