[R] on execution time of a function...

Wed Jun 13 11:58:02 CEST 2018

it is not just the list that is OS-agnostic... R itself is quite OS-agnostic. However, depending on where you get your packages from they may have something unusual going on in their compiled C or Fortran code. It is just that for a computationally-oriented application like R code that messed with hardware interrupts seem out of place.

I suppose that a bug in a CUDA-related package could screw up interrupts... but the whole point of having an OS as hardware drivers/APIs is to insulate user-level programs like R from those issues, and at best you would post the details of your code and packages and someone might pick up on an odd package and point you toward a more appropriate forum for debugging it.