[R] Tables in Rmarkdown Word

Wed Jun 13 18:13:17 CEST 2018

I have heard of people using CSS formatting with Rmarkdown output and copy-pasting into Word/LibreOffice, but LaTeX is so much nicer if you don't require Word that I suppose there haven't been many with that itch. To some extent you can use a manually-styled Word starting document (referred to as a template but not what Word refers to as a template) with Word output, but that is pretty limited for table formatting.

You could look at the ReporteRs package instead... but that is not Rmarkdown.

If you really need publication quality with Word