[R] How to modify data frame stored in a list

Mon Jun 18 23:50:17 CEST 2018

Do you want it to run quickly or be quick to write?

Why have you specified that you want a solution that uses lapply? (Such constraints often arise in the context of homework, whereas someone interested in getting the job done does not usually care about which function is used.)