[R] KNN

Jeff Reichman re|chm@nj @end|ng |rom @bcg|ob@|@net
Thu Jun 21 18:46:54 CEST 2018

David

I figured out where I went wrong.  But thank you for the response

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: David L Carlson <dcarlson using tamu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:43 AM
To: reichmanj using sbcglobal.net; R-help using r-project.org
Subject: RE: [R] KNN

It depends on what you are trying to do and what kind of data you are using
If you are using Euclidian distance and your variables have different means
and standard deviations, the answer is probably yes. That will weight each
variable equally. Without standardization the variables with the larger
magnitudes will determine the groups more than the variables with the
smaller magnitudes.

David L. Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University