[R] OT --- grammar.

Hasan Diwan h@@@n@d|w@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 25 00:08:47 CEST 2018

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 at 14:46, Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Does/should one say "the degrees of freedom is defined to be" or "the
> degrees of freedom are defined to be"?

"are", the noun in your statement is "degrees", while the fragment "of
freedom" acts as an adjective, narrowing the scope of the term
"degrees". Hope that helps... -- H
--
If you wish to request my time, please do so using bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest.

Sent from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable