[R] Fwd: Quadratic programming, for loop

Berwin A Turlach berw|n@tur|@ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 26 14:01:36 CEST 2018

G'day all,

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 11:16:55 +0300
Maija Sirkjärvi <maija.sirkjarvi using gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that my Amat and dvec are incompatible. Amat is a matrix of
> zeros size: *2*J-3,J* and dvec is a vector of length *J*. There
> should be no problem, but apparently there is. [...]

solve.QP solves the quadratic program:
	 min(-d^T b + 1/2 b^T D b)
   where A^T b >= b_0.

Note the transpose. :)
If dvec is of length *J*, then b will be of length J too, and Amat
should be Jx(2J-3) so that its transpose is (2j-3)xJ, making it
compatible for matrix multiplication with b.

Cheers,

	Berwin

---