[R] lmrob gives NA coefficients

Christien Kerbert christienkerbert at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:14:10 CET 2018

Thanks for your reply.

I use mvrnorm from the *MASS* package and lmrob from the *robustbase*
package.

To further explain my data generating process, the idea is as follows. The
explanatory variables are generated my a multivariate normal distribution
where the covariance matrix of the variables is defined by Sigma in my
code, with ones on the diagonal and rho = 0.15 on the non-diagonal. Then y
is created by y = 1 - 2*x1 + 3*x3 + 4*x4 + error and the error term is
standard normal distributed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Christien

In this section, we provide a simulation study to illustrate the
performance of four estimators, the (GLS), S, MM and MM ridge estimator for
SUR model. This simulation process is executed to generate data for the
following equation   Where  In this simulation, we set the initial value
for β= [1,2,3] for k=3. The explanatory variables are generated by
multivariate normal distribution MNNk=3 (0,∑x) where diag(∑x)=1,
off-diag(∑x)= ρX= 0.15 for low interdependency and ρx= 0.70 for high
interdependency. Where ρx is correlation between explanatory variables. We
chose two sample size 25 for small sample and 100 for large sample. The
specific error in equations μi, i=1,2,…..,n, we generated by MVNk=3 (0,
∑ε), ∑ε the variance covariance matrix of errors, diag(∑ε)= 1,
off-diag(∑ε)= ρε= 0.15. To investigate the robustness of the estimators
against outliers, we chosen different percentages of outliers ( 20%, 45%).
We choose shrink parameter in (12) by minimize the new robust Cross
Validation (CVMM) criterion which avoided