[R] subsetting comparison problem

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 03:59:04 CET 2018

> On Mar 11, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Neha Aggarwal <aggarwalneha2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
> I am facing a unique problem and am unable to find any help in R help pages
> or online. I will appreciate your help for the following problem:
> I have 2 data-frames, samples below and there is an expected output
>
> R Dataframe1:
>            C1              C2   C3         C4...... CN
> R1       0                  1       0           1
> R2        1                  0      1            1
> R3        1                  0       0             0
> .
> .
> .
> RN
>
> U Dataframe2 :
>             C1         C2        C3         C4...... CN
> U1         1           1            0            1
> U2         1           1             1            1
>

> Expected Output:
> U1 satisfies R1, R3
> U2 satisfies R1, R2, R3

I don't think you have communicated what sort of meaning is attached to the word "satisfies".

Here's a double loop that reports membership of the column names of each row of U (Dataframe2) in each row of R (Dataframe1):

 apply( Dataframe2, 1, function(x){ z <- which(x==1);
                                   z2 <- names(x)[z];
                        zlist=apply(Dataframe1, 1, function(y){ z3 <- which(y==1);
                                                                z4 <- names(y)[z3];
                                                                z4[ which(z4 %in% z2) ]});
                        zlist})
$U1