[R] Warning for LC_CTYPE when R is ran through ssh

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Mar 14 14:53:11 CET 2018

I don't think that warning is originating from R... LC_TYPE is an environment variable that the standard C library pays attention to, so could be either ssh on your local computer or ssh on the remote computer in response to something the local ssh is doing.

IMO this question belongs in a forum about Ubuntu or ssh, or possibly R-sig-debian.