[R] Vary an equation using values from a sequence

Jake William Andrae jake.andrae at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Mar 15 05:14:21 CET 2018

Hi All,

I have a vector of data on which I am operating. The equation with which I want to operate on the vector has a value k. I want to run the equation and output a new vector, each time replacing k with each value from the sequence I defined. I have thought about using for loops and such, but this seems like overkill. I am wondering if there is a simple solution that would allow me to accomplish this.

The code I am using is outlined below.

Data <- c(1:10) #Data
value <- seq(from = 0, to = 100 , by = 0.01) #Sequence
Data - min(Data) + k # Equation

Thanks,
Jake

Jake Andrae
PhD Candidate
Geology & Geophysics � Sprigg Geobiology Centre
Department of Earth Science
School of Physical Sciences
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005
Phone: 0407701565
Email: jake.andrae at adelaide.edu.au

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]