[R] Elements of Sets as dataframe column names

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 04:49:27 CET 2018

You have failed to tell us that you are using a package, presumably the
sets package.

What I believe you don't understand is that the underlying data structures
that represent sets are not what you think they are, but behave as you
expect through the package API. So unless the API gets you the names in the
form you want, you will have to write code to do this yourself.  Based on
what you show above, various string handling functionality -- see, e.g.
?regexp and ?gsub or ?strsplit in base R or the stringr or stringi packages
which are likely easier to learn and use --  are how you could go about
this. Effort would be required to climb the larning curve, but I suspect
you would find it time well spent.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter