[R] Converting a list to a data frame

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin@thorpe @ending from utoronto@c@
Wed May 2 19:11:37 CEST 2018

I suspect this is pretty easy, but I'm having trouble figuring it out.
Basically, I have a list of data frames such as the following example:

list(A=data.frame(x=1:2, y=3:4),B=data.frame(x=5:6,y=7:8))

I would like to turn this into  data frame where the list elements are
essentially rbind'ed together and the element name becomes a new
variable. For example, I would like to turn the list above into a data
frame that looks like this:

data.frame(type=c("A","A","B","B"),x=c(1:2,5:6),y=c(3:4,7:8))

Appreciate any pointers.

Kevin

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)