[R] R-help Digest, Vol 183, Issue 13

Thomas Levine _ @end|ng |rom thom@@|ev|ne@com
Sun May 13 12:34:16 CEST 2018

Ilio Fornasero writes:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to find a way to retrieve data from Harvard Dataverse website.
> I usually don't have problem in web-scraping data but the problem here is that there are a bunch of data formats such as .tab,  .7z and so and I just can't find a way to retrieve the data I am interested in woth an unique solution.
> Any hint?

.tab does not identify a file format. It might be in a read.csv format
or a read.fwf format.

No 7z decompressor seems to exist in CRAN, (I checked `findFn('7z')`.)
so you could use system/system2: `system2('7z', c('e', ...)), or I think
7z.exe on Windows. You would need to install p7zip and read the manual
(`man 7z` on a Unix-like system).

Please send an example.