[R] questions on subscores.

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 15 11:10:35 CEST 2018

> On 15 May 2018, at 07:54 , Ulrik Stervbo <ulrik.stervbo using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have no idea, but Google pointed me to this
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/subscore/index.html

She seems to be aware of that package, but I don't see how she infers that it does not do what she want. For that, you need to know the theory better than I do, but there is both a subscore.Wainer() function with a direct reference to the 2001 paper and a CTTsub(...., method="Wainer").

The package description has

"This package enables three sets of subscoring methods within the framework of CTT and IRT: Wainer's augmentation method, Haberman's three subscoring methods, and Yen's objective performance index (OPI).",

which sort of doesn't exclude the possibility that soem methods are CTT and others IRT, but why would you then have two routes to Wainer subscores?

IRT theory is a rather specialized subject, so there are not many experts around. It might be one of those cases where you need to spend some effort studying both the theory and the code to see how they two match up.

-pd