[R] Excel Add-Ins Not Loaded When Using excel.link & RDCOM

Tue May 29 17:33:15 CEST 2018

RDCOM supports calling R from Excel. AFAIK you need to use the non-free Statconn software [1] to get much done going the other way.

FWIW I have found my life to be much simpler only using packages that access the data in Excel rather than trying to control the software remotely. More OS-portable, too. In fact, if you can obtain your data without having it ever munged by Excel you may save yourself considerable headache with its "helpful" misinterpretations of data. E.g. [2]

[1] http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/rcom
[2] https://www.networkworld.com/article/2304425/lan-wan/excel-helpers-can-damage-data.html