[R] Problems to obtain standardized betas in multiply-imputed data

Paul Johnson p@uljohn32 @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Oct 5 10:46:50 CEST 2018

Greetings.
I would adjust approach  to calculate standardized estimates for each
imputed set. Then summarize them . The way you are doing it here implies
that standardization concept applies to model list, which seems doubtful.
The empirical std. dev. of the variables differs among imputed data sets,
after all.

I suppose I mean to say lm.beta is not intended to receive a list of
regressions. Put standardization in the with() work done on each imputed
set. I suspect it is as easy as putting lm.beta in there. If there is
trouble, I have a standardize function in the rockchalk package. Unlike
lm.beta, it actually standardizes variables and runs regression. lm.beta
resales coefficients instead.

Paul Johnson
University of Kansas