[R] new edition of An R Companion to Applied Regression

Fox, John jfox @ending from mcm@@ter@c@
Mon Oct 15 21:34:35 CEST 2018

Dear r-help list members,

Sandy Weisberg and I would like to announce a new (third) edition of our book An R Companion to Applied Regression, which has recently been published by Sage Publications. The book provides a broad introduction to R in the general context of applied regression analysis, including linear models, generalized linear models, and, new to the third edition, mixed-effects models.

The R Companion is associated with two widely used CRAN packages, the car and effects packages. In anticipation of the new edition of the R Companion we contributed substantially revised versions of these packages to CRAN: version 3.0-x of the car package and version 4.0-x of the effects package.