[R] From for loop to lappy?

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Tue Oct 2 00:39:31 CEST 2018

Try

A <- lapply(file.names, function(fn) extract_tables(fn)

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

On 10/1/18, 3:32 PM, "R-help on behalf of Ek Esawi" <r-help-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of esawiek using gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi All—

    I am using Tabulizer to extract tables from PDF files. Tabulizer
    creates a list of matrices for each set of tables in each document.
    My code, below, works well. Then i thought i would use lapply instead
    of for loop since it is a little faster and more compact,
    but i kept getting an error message below.

    Any help is greatly appreciated

    EK

    install.packages("tabulizer")
    installed.packages("stringr")
    library(stringi)
    library(tabulizer)
    path = "C:/Users/name/Documents/TextMining/"
    file.names <- dir(path, pattern =".PDF")

    for(i in 1:length(file.names)){
      print(file.names[i])
      A[[i]] <- extract_tables(file.names[i])
    }

    lapply(file.names, function(i) A[[i]] <- extract_tables(file.names[i]))

     Error in normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
      path[1]="NA": The system cannot find the file specified