[R] savehistory()

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 4 19:23:07 CEST 2018

Hi Suy,

It is very important to specify what OS and version of R you're using.

But I'm going to make a wild guess that you're using Mac, and that you
didn't read the documentation for savehistory() carefully.

"R.app, the console on macOS, has a separate and largely incompatible
history mechanism, which by default uses a file .Rapp.history and saves up
to 250 entries. These functions are not currently implemented there."

https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/utils/versions/3.5.1/topics/savehistory
or
?savehistory

If my wild guess is wrong, then you'll need, at a minimum, to provide the
output of
sessionInfo()
for anyone to be able to help you.

Sarah