[R] RMarkdown vignettes v. Jupyter notebooks?

Yihui Xie x|e @end|ng |rom y|hu|@n@me
Thu Oct 11 16:22:41 CEST 2018

In case Jeff's point was not clear enough: the *.nb.html file is very
similar to *.ipynb and it is very different with other output formats
that R Markdown generates. A .nb.html file is generated alongside .Rmd
when you preview an R Markdown notebook, and it contains both the R
Markdown source document and its output (in a single file). See
Section 3.2.2 of the R Markdown book for more info:
https://bookdown.org/yihui/rmarkdown/notebook.html

But I think you are correct that R Markdown and Jupyter have different emphasis.

Regards,
Yihui
--
https://yihui.name