[R] keeping github packages up to date

Fri Oct 12 17:32:35 CEST 2018

Reinstall the updated versions however you originally did. The "obstacles" imposed by CRAN that cause package developers to forgo sharing there came about to confirm documentation, cross-platform compatibility and dependencies. With no referee enforcing such care in the environments you are pulling from, you cannot expect automated dependency management to work. You are riding a mustang in the Wild West... so have fun while it lasts... eventually bit-rot will break your library unless you freeze it (use packrat and keep old versions of R?).