[R] Scientific Notation

Mon Oct 15 04:16:16 CEST 2018

While the OP should study up on what numeric values are, context may determine that a different storage mode be used. For example, if the values are intrinsically integers and meet the appropriate magnitude requirements, importing as integer may make sense. Or, if these are identifiers like serial numbers it may make sense to import as character data. To implement those constraints, read up on the colClasses argument to read.csv.

If these values really are intended for computation, the OP needs to differentiate how R prints values by default from how R can be made to export character representations of that internal data. In short, don't get picky about scientific notation until you export the data from R, because floating point data are ALWAYS in scientific notation (base 2) internally.