[R] match() question or needle haystack problem for a data.frame

Knut Krueger rhe|p @end|ng |rom krueger-|@m||y@de
Mon Oct 22 19:33:48 CEST 2018

Am 22.10.18 um 18:02 schrieb Bert Gunter:
> I suggest you spend a bit of time with an R tutorial or two and, in
> particular learn about "logical indexing," as this basic R construct
> seems to be mysterious to you.

Hi Bert,

especially the "match" help area is a little bit confusing.

And additional using a couple of programming languages with different
logical operators and different syntax is misleading me sometimes to the
wrong direction...

So the logic operations itself are not mysterious ;-)  but the
translation to R.
And thank's a lot to give me the keyword to find for what I am was
looking for: logical indexing.

I can not count the sites where I was looking to solve my problem ..
with the wrong keywords ... :-)

Kind Regards Knut