[R] Gamma Simulation from Exponential Distribution: find sample size given power and sig.Level

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Mon Oct 29 21:00:04 CET 2018

If this is homework, then r-help has a no homework policy. I'm assuming that if it is homework then the focus is on statistical concepts, not on R programming.

It looks like your gen_p_vals function should be defined as

    gen_p_vals <- function(reps = n)

instead of n = reps.

Why not just use the rgamma() function to simulate your gamma distributions?
Why not just use the t.test() function do calculate the t test?
But if you really want to calculate the t test manually, use the var() function in the denominator, instead of that x-mean(x) business.
It's unnecessary to use return().
Initializing Z.list outside the gamma.sim function does no good.
Are you using the variable "n" for different purposes in different places? If so, it's confusing.

Although it didn't appear to cause problems this time, sending html formatted email to r-help is generally not a good idea.

(and real names are preferred)

-Don

--
Don MacQueen