[R] Selecting random subset by ID

David Joubert D@vid@Joubert @ending from uott@w@@c@
Fri Sep 7 19:40:58 CEST 2018

Hello R users,

I am working with a large dataset, including roughly 50 000 sequential observations (variable "count") for 8000 individuals (variable "id"). The dataset is very unbalanced, meaning that some individuals have few observations and others have many. Because I plan on running Generalized Linear Models for panel data using pglm and the package has file size restrictions, I want to create 4 randomly selected subsets of 2500 individuals from the main dataset. What functions and code would I use to do this?

Thanks in advance,

David Joubert

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]