[R] Help with setting locale

Kim Titcombe ktitcombe02 @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Sep 14 10:02:01 CEST 2018

*Query or Set Aspects of the Locale*

 I have an issue with setting LOCALE in installation (new  installation on
new computer but have installed and used R before).

I am based in Switzerland but work in English (Windows in English), hence
want English as default.

Console contains following message:

# During startup - Warning message:

# Setting LC_CTYPE= failed

Solutions I tried found on “help” and in R manual as follows….

# Sys.getlocale(category = “LC_ALL”)

1]
"LC_COLLATE=English_Switzerland.65001;LC_CTYPE=C;LC_MONETARY=English_Switzerland.65001;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Switzerland.65001"

# Sys.setlocale(category=”LC_ALL”, locale = “ “)

or

# Sys.setlocale(category=”LC_ALL”, local=”Switzerland.65001”)

Output

# OS reports request to set locale to "Switzerland.65001" cannot be honoured

Tried various commands specific for 'LC_CTYPE' (as this is where
installation failed) for language string such as

# Sys.setlocale("LC_CTYPE","en-GB")

Output:

In Sys.setlocale("LC_CTYPE", "en-GB") :

  OS reports request to set locale to "en-GB" cannot be honoured

Would anyone have any further suggestions for correct command.

With thanks

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]