[R] makeCluster() hangs infinitely

Zhihao Huang zhhhw@ng @ending from umich@edu
Mon Sep 17 21:55:27 CEST 2018

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried your approach, and obtained the
following output, which is pretty similar to the previous ones.

> cl <- future::makeClusterPSOCK(1, outfile = NULL, verbose = TRUE)

*Workers: [n = 1] ‘localhost’*

*Base port: 11214*

*Creating node 1 of 1 ...*

*- setting up node*

*Starting worker #1 on ‘localhost’:
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rscript'
--default-packages=datasets,utils,grDevices,graphics,stats,methods -e
'parallel:::.slaveRSOCK()' MASTER=localhost PORT=11214 OUT= TIMEOUT=2592000
XDR=TRUE*

*Waiting for worker #1 on ‘localhost’ to connect back*

starting worker pid=13731 on localhost:11214 at 15:48:41.991
I guess this is a connection problem. I am not sure what these numbers
mean. Do you have any further idea on this? I very much appreciate it!

Thanks,
Zhihao
--
Zhihao (Daniel) Huang