[R] histogram in GNU R....

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Fri Sep 7 18:17:56 CEST 2018

In addition to the other suggestions, try typing

  x11()

before using hist().

That *should* start a graphics window. If it does not, then type

  capabilities()

and see if "X11" is TRUE.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

On 9/7/18, 1:26 AM, "R-help on behalf of akshay kulkarni" <r-help-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of akshay_e4 using hotmail.com> wrote:

    dear members,
                                 I am running R on Linux AWS ec2 instance.
    When I try to create a histogram in it, I am running into problems:

    > xht <- c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
    >  hist(xht)

    when I type hist(xht), it goes to the next prompt. More importantly, there is no error message. So, the most probable conclusion is that the command gets executed. But there is no pop up screen with a histogram, and nothing else...

    whats going on?

    How can I circumvent the help of histogram(which is not available in GNU R)? summary(xht) would help, but not much. Any other function that can give information, in LINUX R, that a histogram gives, in LINUX CLI?

    Very many thanks for your time and effort...
    Yours sincerely,
    AKSHAYM KULKARNI

    	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]