[R] getting 21 very different colours

Achim Zeileis Ach|m@Ze||e|@ @end|ng |rom u|bk@@c@@t
Wed Sep 12 00:47:51 CEST 2018

Have a look at the Polychrome package by Kevin Coombes and Guy Brock:
https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=Polychrome

This employs the LUV space (with HCL = polar LUV) to get many distinct
distinguishable colors. For a few first steps, see:
https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/packages/Polychrome/vignettes/polychrome.html