[R] YAML for bookdown

Wed Sep 12 23:27:42 CEST 2018

On 12/09/2018 5:14 PM, Charles Geyer wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can look up all the possible things that can be
> set in the YAML for bookdown?  Is this documented anywhere?  The bookdown
> book (https://bookdown.org/yihui/bookdown/) just provides a few example
> things.  Is the only thing to do RTFS?  Really customizing this seems hard.

I think there is nothing special about bookdown except for options
contained in the output declaration.  (I.e. other top level YAML is the
same as for any other RMarkdown output.)

The possible entries within "output: bookdown::gitbook" are exactly the
arguments to the bookdown::gitbook function.  It passes ... to
rmarkdown::html_document, so those arguments are available too.

If you're using a different bookdown output format, the allowed entries
will be the arguments to whatever function you use.

Duncan Murdoch