[R] sink() output to another directory

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Fri Sep 14 00:58:16 CEST 2018

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  sink('example-output.txt')
>  print(summary(df))
>  sink()

   Let me expand on this. When the script contains

# Open PDF device to save plot
pdf('../images/rainfall-estacada-se.pdf')
plot(rain_est_se)
dev.off()

the file, rainfall-estacada-se.pdf is placed in the images directory, which
is on the same directory level as the one in which the script is being run.
I thought the equivalent syntax with sink() would work, but the print
command rejects the forward slash that plot() accepts:

Error in source("rainfall-dubois-crk-all.r") :
   rainfall-dubois-crk-all.r:25:7: unexpected '/'

   Is this more clear?

Thanks,

Rich