[R] how to plot gridded data

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Fri Sep 14 04:15:12 CEST 2018

Hi Lily:

I haven't used it to any extent to give you specifics,  but I strongly suggest you look at the package sf,  it is designed to do these sorts of things.  sf can read in the shapefile,  and it has features to covert the dataframe you describe to one of its objects,  and to combine objects.  There are even plotting functions I believe,  or if not there is a ggplot2::geom_sf()

HTH,

-Roy

**********************
**********************